RECOMMENDATIONS OF COMMITTEE : AMENDMENTS RULES AND REGULATIONS – RDOA
RECOMMENDATIONS – RULES & ; REGULATIONS AMENDMENTS
1. Objects (para 2): Should include ‘cases & life long pension of disabled / dif challenged wards & offrs.
2. Co-opted Members: Para 3.2 i.e Definition & Governing Body composition does not include such members, yet they are included in Para 6.1 of Governing Body. It is recommended that ‘Co-opted Members’ be deleted from Para 6.1.
3. Authorities & Gen. Body: Para 5.5 lays down quorum as 1/3 members of existing membership keeping in mind the present membership and pan India spread of the organization, it is recommended that the quorum be fixed as not less than 40 (Forty) members.
4. Hony. Treasurer: Para 11.41 should lay down a cap on receiving donations / money in cash. It is recommended to be capped at no more than Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only).
5. Source of Income: Para 13.d and 13.c pertains to fund raising campaigns and case to case request by members respectively, should be requested to with prior approval and governing body and the same should be rectified by the Gen. Body at earliest.
6. Amendment in the MoA: Second sentence of para 17 should read as “The General Body shall be two third majority of those present, resolve to amend the Memorandum with effect from a stipulated date.”
ADDITIONAL MEASURES – RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Chapters of the RDOA: Due to increased membership and pan India presence, we should have regional chapters on the lines of Command HQs.
2. Governing Body Enlargement: Recommended to be enlarged to include the following, to give wider representation to members :
(a) Senior Vice President: To assist the President, and ‘Step-in’ in his absence.
(b) Assistant Secretary: To assist the Joint Secretary and ‘Step-in’ in his absence.
(Colonel KS Gahlawat (Retd))
Sd/xxxxx (Lt Col R. Ramamurthy (Retd))
(Mrs. Shoba Sharma)M.No. 2488