RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION is “RETIRED DEFENCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION’ and its registered address is FLAT NO 27-A, DDA SFS FLATS, Pocket-1, SECTOR-7, DWARKA, NEW DELHI-110075. Any change in the address shall be notified to the Registrar of Societies within 14 days.
The object of the Association shall be:
1. Act as single centralized agency to resolve all issues/matters pertaining to the Retired Defence Officers with the Government/Other agencies relating to:
(a) Pay and allowances.
(b) Pensionary benefits.
(c) Health benefits (ECHS)
(d) Pension to widow / widower.
(e) War casualty benefits.
(f) Disability compensation.
(g) Vocational rehabilitation and employment for retired disabled
(h) Vocational rehabilitation for war widows.
(i) Education of wards/dependants..
(j) Home loans / life insurance.
1. Words “Retired Defence Officers Association appearing in these rules mean the Retired Defence Officers Association Dwarka, New Delhi-110075.
2. “General Body” means the General Body of the comprising its total membership.
3. “Governing body” means the Governing Body of the Association comprising President, Vice-President, Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer.
4. “President” means the honorary President of the association.
5. “Vice-President” means the honorary Vice-President of the association.
6. “Secretary” means the honorary Secretary of the Association..
7. “Joint Secretary” means the honorary Joint Secretary of the association.
8. “Treasurer” means the honorary Treasurer of the Association.
9. “Committee” means various committees constituted by the General Body Governing Body of the Association from time to for specific functions and activities.
1. Retired Defence Officers of the three Service (Army / Air Force / Navy ) are eligible to take membership of RETIRED DEFENCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION.
2. Every member shall pay Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) as admission fee which is subjected to its review by the General Body from time to time.
3. Admission fee shall not be refunded in any case.
4. A Person ceases to be a member :-
(i) On death or
(ii) On expulsion under rule 5; or
(iii) When his resignation is accepted by the Governing Body.
5. A Member of the Association may be expelled from the membership by a vote of the General Body for any action Which may be held by the General Body to be dishonest or contrary to the stated object of the Association or to the interest of cooperation.
6. Opportunity shall be given to a member before expulsion from membership to represent his case to the General Body.
5. AUTHORITIES OF GENERAL BODY OF THE ASSOCIATION AND OFFICE BEARES
1. The General Body of the Association shall comprise the retired Defence officers of the three Service (Army /Air Force / Navy )
2. The General Body shall be the highest decision making body having the authority to review past work and to lay down guidelines for the future work.
3. Ordinary meeting of the Association shall be convened at least once-a-year.
4. The GENERAL Body shall be summoned by the Secretary in consultation with the President with a minimum of thirty days advanced notice.
5. One third members of the Association shall constitute the quorum of the General Body.
6. It shall elect and appoint President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer of the Association from among the members.
7. For adjourned meetings the binding of quorum shall no apply.
8. Extra ordinary meeting of the General Body shall require only seven days notice and shall be convened whenever necessary.
6. GOVERNING BODY
1. The Governing Body of the Association shall comprise President, Vice-President, Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer including co-opted members.
2. The meeting of the Governing Body shall be held as often as required but meeting shall be held at least once every month.
3. Three members shall constitute the quorum of the Governing Body.
4. It shall frame financial, personnel and general rules and following the considerations and approval of the General Body, it shall enforce them.
5. Keeping in view the nature and quantum of work, shall constitute special committees and functional divisions.
6. It shall report its initiations and activities to the General Body.
7. A member of the Governing Body cases to hold office if he –
(i) Ceases to be member of the Association.
(ii) Applies for insolvency or is declared insolvent, or
(iii) Becomes of unsound mind; or
(iv) Resigns and his resignation is accepted by a Governing a Body; or
(v) Is convicted of any offence involving dishonesty or moral turpitude.
8. Governing Body shall exercise all the powers of the Association those reserved for the General Body subject to any regulations or restrictions laid down by the “Forum” in a General Body meeting.
7. HONORARY PRESIDENT
1. The President shall be a member of the association and shall be elected by the General Body.
2. The president shall hold office for a period of two years.
3. The president shall chair the General body and Governing Body meeting and shall have a casting vote.
4. In case of emergency and pressing matters he shall take appropriate decision which shall be reported to the General Body.
5. The president of the VICE President or in the absence one of the other member elected for the purpose shall preside.
8. HONORARY VICE-PRESIDENT
1. The Vice –president shall be elected by the General Body.
2. He shall hold office for a period of two years.
3. In the absence of the President he shall chair the chair the General Body and Governing Body meetings.
9 HONORARY SECRETARY
1. The Secretary shall be member of the association and shall be elected by the General Body of the Association.
2. The secretary shall hold office for a period of two years.
3. He shall issue notice and convene meeting of the General Body and Governing Body.
4. He shall prepare agenda and minutes of the meeting.
5. He shall be the authorized signatory of the association in all formal and legal matters.
6. He shall be responsible for the management of the association business establishment and programme of activities.
7. He shall in consultation with the General Body prepare Annual Report on the activities of the ASSOCIATION.
10 HONORARY JOINT SECRETARY
1. The joint Secretary shall be a members of the association.
2. The joint Secretary shall hold office for a period of two years.
3. The joint Secretary will assist the Secretary in all activities related to the association.
4. The joint Secretary shall perform the duties of Secretary in his absence.
11 HONORARY TREASURER
1. The Treasure shall be a member of the association.
2. The term of office of the Treasure shall be of two years.
3. 3. He shall be responsible for managing finance, movable and immovable assets and expenditure and liabilities of the association.
4. 4. He shall receive subscription ,donation ,charity and other funds in cash or in any manner and to maintain the accounts ,books for the purposes.
5. 5. He shall operate bank accounts of the association jointly with the president or Secretary.
6. 6. He shall get the account of the association and certified by a Chartered Accountant appointed by the Governing Body and present the same to the General Body.
Keeping in view the nature and quantum of work and a view to ensuring effective functioning General Body or Governing Body shall constitute special Committee to ensure effective implementation of the objectives for which such Committees have been constituted.
13 SOURCE OF INCOME
In order to carry out its programmes /activities the association shall mobilize resources its main sources of funds will be:
a) Membership Fees
c) Grant-in aid from statutory bodies.
d) Fund raising campaigns (advertisement, fete, mela and exhibition etc.)
e) Request from members to pool in funds on case to case basis.
14 OPERATION OF BANK ACCOUNT
The association bank account in a nationalized bank shall be jointly operated by the President and Secretary initially. After the election of the Treasure by the General Body President or Secretary and Treasure shall be the joint signatories for operation of the bank account.
15 AUDIT OF ACCOUNT
The financial year for the RDOA shall be from 1st April of each year up to the 31st March of the next year. Account of the preceding financial year shall be produce and shown to the member in the annual General Body meeting and will be handed over to the office bearers elected for the next entering year.
The Account of the RDOA shall be audited by a nominated Chartered accountant every year for and on behalf of the RDOA on the expenses of the RDOA.
It is mandatory on the part of the office bearers and the members of the RDOA that the funds / properties of the RDOA shall only be spent / use for the uplift and welfare of the RDOA and not for any other purpose.
All the office bearers of the Governing Body describes above shall be elected in the annual general body meeting for a tenure of 2 years. The election of the Governing Body shall be by shown of hands unless a poll is demanded by the members in which case it shall be by secret ballot. Only members of the RDOA are qualified to contest and vote in the election.
One candidate can contest for one post only. Candidature of members must be proposed by a member and seconded by another member of the RDOA. The tenure is 2 year but in the case if the newly elected governing body members take charge of their office with some delay, the governing body of the preceding year shall function and discharge duties as caretaker governing body but will not take any policy desion. Over and above the General Body can debar a member for his any irresponsible act and or otherwise participate in the Election process, if considered detrimental to the interest of the Forum.
17 AMENDMENT IN THE MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
For any reason or reasons, Governing Body shall recommend to the General Body to amend the Memorandum of Association of Association the General Body shall by two third majority resolve to amend the Memorandum with effect from a stipulated date.
18 ANNUAL LIST OF GOVERNING BODY (Section 4 of the Act)
Once in every year, a list of the office bearers and members of the governing body of the RDOA shall be filed with the Registrar of Societies, Delhi, as required under Section 4 of the Societies Registration ACT 1860.
19 LEGAL PROCEEDINGS (SECTION 6 OF THE ACT)
The RDOA may sue or be sued in the name of the President ,Secretary as per provisions laid down under Section 6 of the Societies Registration Act , 1860 as applicable to the Union Territory of Delhi.
Any amendment in the Memorandum of a Association or rules will be carried out in accordance with procedures laid down under Section 12 and 12-A of the Societies Registration Act,1860.
20 APPLICATION OF THE ACT
All the provisions under all the sections of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, as applicable to the Union Territory of Delhi shall apply to this RDOA.