RETIRED DEFENCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION (RDOA)
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 20th Aug 2017 AT DSOI DHAULA KUAN, NEW DELHI-110010 AT 1130 HRS
1. 7th Annual General Body Meeting of the ‘Retired Defence Officers Association’ (RDOA) was held on 20th Aug 2017 at 1130 hrs at DSOI Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi-110010. House assembled at 1100 hrs, because of lack of quorum it was adjourned for half an hour and reassembled at 1130 hrs. The meeting was attended by 35 officers and 6 ladies.
AGENDA POINT NO 1
Welcome address by the President RDOA: Lt Col BK Sharma.
2. Lt Col BK Sharma (Retd), President of RDOA, welcomed all the members to the seventh AGM. He gave an overview of the important issues taken up by RDOA with various authorities since last AGM. He informed the house the state of membership as on 20/08/2017.
3. The President then read out the names of members who had contributed towards association’s corpus fund since 6th AGM. He said that only important and authentic information is put on association’s blog “rdoaindia.blogspot.com” which is updated regularly.
4. The President emphasized once again in informing members that not even a single penny has been expended by any of the office bearers on transport, telephones, internet and secretarial support from association’s fund which speaks of high credibility and dedication of the team. President then proceeded with the remaining agenda points.
AGENDA POINT NO 2
Confirmation of Minutes of the AGM held on 27th Nov 2016
5. The salient points of the meeting of the AGM held on 27th Nov 2016 were read out to the members. There being no observation, the minutes were passed duly proposed by Col PC Chaudhary (M. No. 1154) and seconded by Col VK Ogra (M. No. 1274).
AGENDA POINT NO 3
Presentation of Accounts for the period Apr 2016 to March 2017
6. President presented the accounts for the FY 2016-2017 duly audited by Chartered Accountant. He explained the august House details of various expenditures under various heads. He suggested that as there is no increase/decrease under Registration Charges, Anna Rally & Advertisement Charges heads since long, therefore, these may be clubbed under one head. House unanimously approved it. Members did not raise any observation/query and passed the accounts duly proposed by Col VC Gupta (M. No. 1603) and seconded by Col VD Bhanot (M. No. 1563)
AGENDA POINT NO 4.
Points from Members
7. Maj RP Sehgal (M. No. 2563) has sent a point “The matter should be taken up with appropriate authorities that all Majors with 13 years or more service and retired pre 1996, should be given the pension of the rank of Lt Col.” Point was discussed and following decision was taken:-
“ RDOA will take up the issue with appropriate authorities.”
AGENDA POINT NO 5.
Discussion Recommendations given by Committees
8. Two committees were appointed during 6th AGM, one to study the MOA and second Rules & Regulations.
(a) Committee to study and suggest amendments in MOA submitted the report on 08th Feb 2017. As one of the members of committee had not signed it. Therefore repot was not discussed.
(b) Committee to study and suggest amendments in Rules and Regulations submitted the report with recommendations on 14th May 2017. Rules & Regulations and recommendations were put on blog on 07th Aug 2017 for the information of the members, the same were also circulated before start of AGM along with other documents. Recommendations given were discussed and House decided that necessary amendments be incorporated in existing Rules & Regulations. It was also decided to forward the amended Rules and Regulations to Registrar of Society for necessary approval.
AGENDA POINT NO 6.
Any Other Point with the Permission of the Chair
9. There being no specific point House proceeded with next agenda point.
AGENDA POINT NO 7.
Vote of Thank
Meeting was closed at 1320 hrs with a vote of thanks proposed by Col SK Vashisht (M. No. 1145) and seconded by Major NK Gadeock (M. No. 1397). Most of the members got themselves examined by a team of medicos part of Free Health camp which was organised by Jeevan Sudharo Welfare Society. Meeting was followed by lunch.